- OnStar with 4G LTE and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot to connect to the internet at 4G LTE speeds, includes 3GB or 3 months OnStar Data Trial (whichever comes first) (Available 4G LTE Wi-Fi requires compatible mobile device, active OnStar subscription and data plan after trial.)
- Audio system feature, Bose advanced 10-speaker system with bass box
- Audio system, Chevrolet MyLink Radio with 8 diagonal color touch-screen, AM/FM stereo with seek-and-scan and digital clock, includes Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones; voice-activated technology for radio and phone; featuring Apple CarPlay capability for compatible phone
- Antenna, integral, hidden
- Glass, Solar-Ray light-tinted
- Wheels, Silver-painted aluminum, 18 x 8.5 (45.7 cm x 21.6 cm), front and 19 x 10.0 (48.3 cm x 25.4 cm), rear
- Chrome Badge Package
- Wipers, front intermittent
- Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable and driver-side auto-dimming, body- color
- Roof panel, carbon fiber, painted body-color, removable
- Headlamps, high intensity discharge (HID), Xenon, LED park and turn signals and Daytime Running Lamps
- Engine access, rear-opening hood
- Steering wheel controls, audio, voice recognition and Driver Information Center
- Keyless Access with push button start and 2 remote transmitters that enable automatic door unlock and open by touching door switch
- Cargo net
- Perforated Mulan leather seating surfaces
- Driver Information Center, color
- 2LT interior trim seats, console and door armrests in interior color selected
- Luggage shade
- Seats, GT bucket
- Universal Home Remote includes garage door opener, 3-channel programmable, located on driver visor
- Console, floor 2 covered cup holders, auxiliary power outlet, USB ports, auxiliary input jack and storage
- Oil life monitoring system
- Air filtration system with pollen filter
- Defogger, rear-window, electric
- Seat adjusters, power bolster and power lumbar
- Head-Up Display with color readouts for street mode, track mode with g-meter, vehicle speed, engine rpm
- Seats, heated and vented driver and passenger
- Theft-deterrent system, vehicle, push button start, immobilizer and audible visual alarm
- Storage, with electric locking glovebox, behind screen storage, center console and rear compartment with cover
- Floor mats, carpeted
- Door locks, power programmable with lockout protection
- Visors, driver and passenger illuminated vanity mirrors
- Hatch release, push button open
- Memory Package, recalls 2 driver presets for 8-way power seat, outside mirrors and tilt/telescoping steering column
- Mirror, inside rearview auto-dimming, frameless
- Steering column, power tilt and telescopic
- Air conditioning, dual-zone automatic climate control with individual climate settings for driver and dedicated passenger controls and outside temperature display
- Theft-deterrent system, body security content and unauthorized entry electrical
- Lighting, interior with courtesy, cargo and glovebox
- Seat adjusters, driver and passenger 8-way
- Steering wheel, 3-spoke leather-wrapped, flat-bottom
- Cruise control, electronic with set and resume speed
- Windows, power with driver and passenger Express-Down/Up
- Rear wheel drive
- Rear axle, 3.42 ratio, limited slip
- Calipers, Dark Gray Metallic-painted
- Steering, power, speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion, variable ratio
- Suspension, 4-wheel independent
- Engine, 6.2L (376 ci) V8 DI (455 hp [339.3 kW] @ 6000 rpm, 460 lb-ft of torque [621.0 N-m] @ 4600 rpm)
- Exhaust, aluminized stainless-steel with 3 polished stainless-steel tips
- Transmission, 7-speed manual with Active Rev Matching
- Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc
- Frame, aluminum, structure
- Curb View cameras, front
- Rear Vision Camera
- Active handling stability control improves traction and enhances vehicle stability
- OnStar Guidance plan for 6 months including Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance, Roadside Assistance, Turn-by-Turn Navigation, Advanced Diagnostics and more (trial excludes Hands-Free Calling) (Service not available with a ship-to of Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands. Visit www.onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services may vary by model and conditions.)
- Air bags, frontal and side-impact, driver and front passenger with Passenger Sensing System (Always use safety belts and the correct child restraint for your child's age and size, even with air bags. See the Owner's Manual or more safety information.)
- Traction control, all-speed
Now in its seventh generation, the rear-wheel-drive 2016 Chevrolet Corvette continues to push the envelope for what is possible from an affordable, efficient, made-in-America sports car.
Styling is excellent and sharp, with purposeful lines that give the car a slippery .29 drag coefficient. Body materials include a carbon fiber hood and roof panel, while the doors, fenders, quarter panels and rear hatch all benefit from lighter density sheet molding over the previous car. On convertibles, the power convertible top is operable at speeds up to 30 mph. The Corvette features an aluminum space frame that is 99 pounds lighter than its predecessor yet 57% stiffer, while a carbon nano-composite floorpan replaces the heavier balsa sandwich construction of the previous generation.
Inside, the Corvette boasts a cockpit that puts it on par with some of Europe's best. The driving position is near perfect, and the seats are vastly improved over previous generations, with increased comfort and better support for hard driving. An 8-inch touchscreen dominates the center console, while soft-touch materials are abundant. Finally, the car offers 15 cubic-feet of cargo room under the rear hatch -- enough to hold luggage, golf clubs, or all the money saved by not buying a Porsche 911.
The heart of the Corvette, is of course, its powerplant. The 6.2L delivers 455 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque. It is coupled to a standard 7-speed manual transmission that features Active Rev Matching, which blips the throttle during up- and down-shifts, eliminating the need for heel-and-toeing by the driver during braking. The combination is good enough to propel the Corvette from 0 to 60 mph in just 4.0 seconds, while also returning 17 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway. An 8-speed automatic with paddle shifters is optional, as is a performance exhaust, which increases output to 460 horses.
Coupes and convertibles both come in standard models and high-performance Z51 guise, which allows for a 0-60 mph time of 3.8 seconds. The Z51 Performance Package adds larger wheels (19-inch front, 20-inch rear vs. 18/19- inch) with Michelin Pilot Super Sport ZP summer-only tires, a dry sump oil system, electronic limited slip differential, larger front brakes (13.6-inch vs. 12.6-inch) with slotted rotors, performance gear ratios, special suspension components, differential and transmission cooling and an aerodynamic package to reduce lift and improve high-speed stability. Chevy's trick Magnetic Selective Ride Control is optional across the model line.
The 1LT, or base trim, offers a 9-speaker Bose audio system, rear vision camera, keyless access with push-button start, power tilt/telescopic steering column, 8-way power leather seats, two 8-inch HD color displays, and a Driver Mode Selector, which allows drivers to customize the driving experience by selecting one of five distinct modes -- Weather, Eco, Tour, Sport and Track. Each mode adjusts steering, throttle, traction and more.
2LT-specced Corvettes get heated and ventilated seats with Corvette emblems, an upgraded Bose sound system, auto-dimming mirrors, Chevy's color Head-Up Display and SiriusXM satellite radio with a one-year subscription. Finally, 3LT Corvettes offer all of the above plus a custom leather-wrapped interior with Napa leather seating, navigation and color-matched instrumentation to the interior.
The Z06 package adds a supercharger to the big V8, resulting 640 horsepower and 650 pound-feet of torque. Chevrolet claims that 0-60 runs are achievable in less than 3 seconds in the Z06. Available as either a coupe or a convertible and with either an automatic or a manual transmission, the Z06 has the necessary performance to rival just about any vehicle on the road. The Z06 C7.R Edition for 2016 includes the Z07 Performance Package with Brembo carbon ceramic brakes, carbon fiber ground effects, a suede competition sport seat, steering wheel and shifter and more. The package is available in either black or Corvette Racing Yellow.
Standard safety features in all Corvette Stingrays include stability and traction controls, a rearview camera, driver and passenger front and side airbags and a 6-month subscription to OnStar.
For 2016, the Chevrolet Corvette sees several small changes. Apple CarPlay smartphone integration is standard, as is a flat-bottom steering wheel, while Magnetic Ride Control is available on all Corvette trims. Parking cameras are available on top trims. Finally, a C7.R Special Edition, available in either coupe or convertible guise, offers the Z07 Performance Package with Brembo carbon ceramic brakes, carbon fiber ground effects, a suede competition sport seat, steering wheel and shifter and more. The package is available in either black or Corvette Racing Yellow.