- Bluetooth hands-free phone system
- AM/FM/MP3/WMA stereo w/in-dash 6-disc changer -inc: digital sound processor (DSP), automatic sound levelizer (ASL), (10) speakers w/subwoofer, auxiliary audio input, Bluetooth streaming audio
- Rain-sensing wipers
- LED lights -inc: brake lamps, tail lamps, license plate
- Laminated side window glass
- Integrated fog lamps
- Pwr tilt/slide moonroof -inc: 1-touch open/close
- 18 10-spoke aluminum alloy wheels
- Water-repellent windshield & front door glass
- Electrochromic pwr folding heated mirrors -inc: puddle lamps, integrated turn signals
- 1-piece chrome window surround
- Xenon high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps -inc: adaptive front lighting system, delayed auto-off
- Acoustic glass windshield
- P235/50R18 all-season tires
- Carpeted floor mats
- Pwr front bucket seats -inc: 16-way pwr driver seat w/auto slide-away, 12-way pwr passenger seat, pwr lumbar, 3-position seat memory, active headrests
- Eco drive indicator
- Grain-matched wood trim -inc: center console, dash, door panels
- Dual front illuminated visor vanity mirrors
- Rear bench seat -inc: (3) adjustable headrests
- Pwr windows
- Center console
- Leather seat trim
- HomeLink universal transceiver
- Vehicle theft-deterrent system w/engine immobilizer
- Cruise control
- Front/rear spot-lamp illumination
- Multi-info display -inc: driving range, average MPG, current MPG, average speed, outside temp, elapsed time, maintenance & diagnostic messages
- (2) aux 12V pwr outlets -inc: (1) in center console, (1) w/cigarette lighter
- Pwr door locks
- Electrochromic rearview mirror
- Optitron electroluminescent instrumentation
- Dual-zone automatic climate control system -inc: smog sensor, auto recirculation, clear air filter, pollen filter
- Rear-window defogger w/auto-off timer
- Wood & leather-trimmed pwr tilt/telescopic multifunction steering wheel -inc: audio controls, Bluetooth controls, brake hold function, multi-info display controls
- Foldable front door storage pockets
- SmartAccess -inc: keyless entry, keyless start, push-button stop, rear window down, trunk open, panic feature, volume-adjustable confirmation tone & rolling code technology, keyless illuminated entry
- Vibration-dampening liquid-filled engine mounts
- Front/rear aluminum multi-link double joint suspension w/coil springs
- Acoustic control induction system (ACIS)
- 4-wheel ventilated pwr disc brakes -inc: brake override system
- 4.6L DOHC 32-valve V8 engine -inc: DI & SFI dual fuel injection, dual variable valve timing w/intelligence & electronically controlled intake (VVT-iE), aluminum block & heads
- Front/rear stabilizer bars
- Electronic throttle control system w/intelligence (ETCS-i)
- Rear wheel drive
- 8-speed automatic transmission -inc: intelligence (ECT-i), gated shifter, sequential sport-shift mode
- Dual chrome exhaust tips
- Electric pwr rack & pinion steering (EPS)
- Front/rear side curtain airbags
- First aid kit
- Vehicle dynamics integrated management (VDIM) system
- Electronic control braking (ECB)
- 4-wheel/4-channel anti-lock brake system (ABS)
- Safety connect -inc: automatic collision notification, stolen vehicle location, emergency assist button, enhanced roadside assistance w/(1) year trial subscription
- Electronic parking brake
- Side-impact door beams
- Emergency interior trunk release
- Back-up camera
- Dual front 2-stage airbags -inc: passenger occupant classification system w/twin-chamber airbag
- Rear door child safety locks
- Direct-type tire pressure monitor system
- All-position 3-point seat belts -inc: pretensioners, force limiters, dual front pwr shoulder height adjusters
- Dual front knee airbags
- Front/rear crumple zones
- Front pwr height-adjustable shoulder anchors
- Impact-dissipating upper interior trim
- Front side-impact airbags
The Lexus LS 460 and LS 460 L have a quiet, yet strong personality, with a 380-horsepower, 4.6-liter V8 and very smooth-shifting 8-speed automatic. Rear-wheel drive is standard for this big luxury sedan, but all-wheel drive is available (the same 4.6L engine is rated at 357 hp when optioned with all-wheel drive). Then there's also the all-wheel-drive LS 600h L, which serves as the tech flagship for the Lexus lineup. It combines a 5.0-liter V8 engine with a strong electric-motor system and large-capacity battery pack. Both models are capable of getting to 60 mph in about five and a half seconds. Fuel economy is actually quite good for a large luxury car in either model: the LS 460 gets 16 mpg city, 24 highway, while the LS 600h gets 20/22.
The available all-wheel drive system in the LS uses a Torsen limited-slip differential that sends 60 percent of engine torque to the rear wheels during most driving but more or less as needed for better traction. All-wheel drive models get standard all-season tires and a heated wood-and-leather-trimmed steering wheel, and there's an available Cold Weather Package that brings a stronger heater, upgraded battery and electric windshield deicer.
The LS models accelerate, handle, and ride with exceptional smoothness and responsiveness. Lexus says the LS 460 has the world's first motor-driven timing system--along with extensive noise- and vibration-isolation measures. The LS cabin feels rich and elegant and was inspired in design by private jet cabins; the materials and trim are conservative yet opulent, and details like laminated side glass help keep road and wind noise out as well.
Both LS 460 AWD models and LS 460 L models offer Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS) and the Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS), which together help make the big LS feel a little more manageable on a curvy road or even in a tight parking structure.
The Sport Package brings a more focused performance feel to the rear-wheel-drive LS 460, with stronger Brembo brakes, sporty 10-spoke forged alloy wheels and a stiffer, sport-tuned air suspension. Inside, the Sport Package brings sport seats with leather upholstery, while the automatic transmission gets steering-wheel paddle-shifters and throttle-blip downshifting.
Inside, the standard-length LS 460 models have just enough back-seat space, but the LS 460 L and LS 600h L adds five inches of length and it nearly all goes to rear-seat legroom. For those who ride in the back while a driver takes care of piloting, there's an Executive Class Seating Package that brings an ottoman-style seat in the rear right position. The seat can recline 45 degrees and includes massage functions as well as a rare upper-back adjustment. Also included with the package is a climate control system that uses infrared sensors to measure surface body temperature and adjust the climate control to suit.
The LS 600h L includes even more standard equipment, including climate-controlled front seats, adaptive front lighting, heated rear seats, a heated steering wheel and intuitive park assist.
Among the leading-edge options available on the LS is an Advanced Pre-Collision System (APCS), which will detect pedestrians in the vehicle's path and help react by braking; the system uses both radar and cameras. Lane Keep Assist and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control are two other available features that help increase safety.
Other features available on the LS models include climate-controlled rear seats, a 19-speaker, 450-watt Mark Levinson Reference Surround Sound system, and a navigation system with Lexus Connect concierge and Enform information services. An Advanced Parking Guidance System (APGS) helps with parallel or back-in parking by, after letting the driver choose the spot, actually steering the vehicle while the driver modulates the brake.
Both iPod connectivity and Bluetooth Audio streaming are now standard across the entire lineup of Lexus's flagship LS luxury sedans. The Sport Package that was introduced last year is now more extensive, and includes a sport-tuned air suspension, Brembo brakes, and 19-inch forged aluminum wheels. Newly standard is a so-called "Smart Stop" system that will automatically reduce engine power when the brake pedal is applied.