- Plug & play electronics system
- AM/FM stereo w/CD/MP3 player -inc: CD changer prep, auxiliary input jack, satellite radio prep, auto speed volume control, (6) speakers
- Body-color pwr mirrors
- Halogen headlights -inc: follow-me-home function, beam throw control (2008)
- Club door on right hand side
- Front fog lights
- Hood scoop air intake
- Heat insulated green glass
- 16 S-winder alloy wheels -inc: P195/55R16 performance tires
- Body color sport bumpers
- Chrome fuel filler cap cover
- Rear window wiper
- Front speed-sensitive intermittent wipers
- Black honeycomb grille
- Multi-function sport steering wheel -inc: cruise control
- Leatherette front sport bucket seats -inc: 6-way manual seat adjustment, seat height adjustment, seatback easy-entry, adjustable headrests
- (1) rear cup holder
- Rear storage trays
- Aluminum alloy foot pedals
- Instrumentation -inc: tachometer, center-mounted speedometer, date/time
- Door panel storage pockets
- Side sun visor for driver
- Rear window defogger
- On-board computer -inc: outside temp, average fuel consumption & speed, trip computer
- Extended decor rings
- Checkered interior trim
- Pwr locks
- Pwr windows -inc: driver-side one-touch up & down, auto seal
- Digital clock
- Remote keyless entry w/(2) fobs
- Climate controlled glove box
- Front seatback storage nets
- Engine immobilizer
- Air conditioning -inc: pollen micro-filter, air recirculation
- Grab handles in headliner
- Lighting -inc: front map/reading, LED waterfall lighting, footwell lights, color adjustable ambient lighting
- 50/50 flat-folding rear bench seat
- Toggle switch instrument controls
- Front sun visors w/illuminated vanity mirrors
- Central locking system -inc: tailgate release, 2-step unlocking
- Sport button -inc: accelerator & steering programs
- Center console -inc: storage compartment, (2) cup holders
- (2) 12V pwr outlets
- Sport leather tilt/telescopic steering wheel
- Fully electronic throttle control
- Engine start/stop button
- 6-speed manual Getrag transmission
- Speed-sensitive electric pwr steering
- Ventilated front & solid rear disc brakes
- Twin-pipe exhaust system-inc: chrome covers
- Performance suspension
- Front wheel drive
- Single-joint spring-strut front axle
- Multi-link rear suspension w/multiple-control-arm rear axle
- Multiple-control-arm rear axle
- 1.6L 16-valve I4 turbocharged engine
- MacPherson independent front suspension w/single-joint spring-strut front axle
- Flat tire monitor
- Crash sensor -inc: fuel cutoff, activate hazard lights & interior lights, doors unlock
- Side impact door beams w/interlocking anchoring system
- LATCH child seat anchors
- Front seat-mounted side-impact air bags
- 3-point seat belts for all positions w/belt stopper, automatic pretensioners, belt limiter, front/rear height adjust
- Cornering brake control (CBC)
- Dynamic stability control (DSC)
- Electronic brake force distribution (EBD)
- Front/rear side curtain air bags
- 4-wheel anti-lock brakes (ABS)
- Advanced crumple zones
- Front air bags w/passenger sensor
The 2010 MINI Cooper comes in three trims: the base Cooper, the Cooper S and the John Cooper Works (JCW) edition. All trims in the MINI lineup come as either 2-door hardtops, longer Clubman wagons or as convertibles, giving buyers an ultimate choice of nine different vehicles.
The base powertrain across the range is a normally-aspirated 1.6L 4-cylinder engine making 118 horsepower and 114 pound-feet of torque. The next engine up, standard on the Cooper S trims, is a turbocharged version of the same 1.6L 4-cylinder engine that delivers 172 horsepower rpm and 177 pound-feet of torque. The John Cooper Works trims get a high-performance turbo 1.6L engine that offers 208 horsepower and 192 pound-feet of torque.
Transmissions for the hard top models include either a standard 6-speed Getrag manual or an optional 6-speed automatic with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters. In the convertible trims, a 5-speed manual transmission is standard or a continuously variable transmission (CVT) with clutch-less manual Steptronic is available.
All MINI Coopers come standard with safety equipment that includes six airbags, antilock 4-wheel disc brakes, and stability control. The convertible trims feature head/thorax side airbags and an active rollover bar. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety gave the MINI hatchback its best rating of 'Good' in the frontal-offset test.
The base Cooper comes standard with 15-inch alloy wheels, power accessories, keyless entry, air-conditioning, cruise control, a tilt-telescoping steering wheel and a six-speaker stereo with CD/auxiliary audio jack. The base convertible trim adds a power convertible top with a sunroof and features 16-inch alloy wheels. The Sport package adds 16-inch alloy wheels on the hatchback and 17-inch alloy wheels on the convertible, plus fog lamps, a rear spoiler, sport seats and hood stripes.
The Cooper S adds standard 16-inch alloy wheels, firmer suspension tuning, fog lamps, sport seats and a sport-tuned suspension for increased agility and responsiveness. The Cooper S Sport package adds 17-inch wheels, xenon headlights and hood stripes.
The John Cooper Works trim adds standard upgraded Brembo brakes and cloth upholstery and an even more aggressive suspension.
Major options across the lineup include a dual-pane sunroof, automatic climate control, heated seats, keyless engine start, parking sensors, a navigation system, satellite radio, HD radio, a 10-speaker harman/kardon surround-sound stereo, and Bluetooth and iPod connectivity. Other options include a wide selection of wheels, cloth or leather upholstery and different trim colors and materials. A limited-slip differential and a firmer suspension can be fitted to both the S and the John Cooper Works.
MINIs are almost endlessly customizable, with a broad palette of exterior and interior color combinations and several cockpit materials. Two new packages, the Camden and Mayfair packages, include a selection of optional features listed above and add unique colors and trim. In short, buyers can get a MINI Cooper customized in almost any way imaginable.
Two new packages are available for 2010. Intended to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the MINI name, the Mayfair and Camden packages feature unique alloy wheels, special paint and popular options. They are both available on both the Cooper and Cooper S models.